Friday, July 2, 2010

Inspiration

It's amazing how many resources are available online to help brides decide what their wedding should look and feel like. Since I started wedding planning in June, I've already spent countless hours researching and filing away pictures of tablescapes, cakes, flowers, and bridesmaids' dresses that fit my wedding sensibility.

Interestingly enough, the picture I found that best represents what I want my wedding theme and feel to be is not from a wedding but from an online blog post that featured different Chinese wallpapers:


I love how the image feels luxurious without being too ornate or gaudy. Another thing that appealed to me is the balance of Asian and European styles -- which is a sensibility I think I picked up from the way that Momsy so expertly and beautifully decorates our homes. Also, I always knew that I wanted blue and gold for my colors. Blue, I've loved ever since I was little and gold, because that's what my name means in Chinese. I love the shade of blue in this picture and how the use of yellow makes everything bright, happy and alive.
I'm still trying to come up with a short phrase that describes my wedding style, but here are some words I'm kicking around in my head:
  • Refined
  • Classic
  • Luxurious
  • Bright

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I think that shade of blue is called "Robin's egg blue," or something like that.

    This is all very 'you'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks babes! yes it is robin's egg blue. i think i will soften the color a bit for the tablecloths, etc. kasi i've seen wedding pics where they used exactly that color of tablecloths and it looked kinda tacky. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice color combo. very fresh. make sure the gold's not to shiny/glossy! more matte finish for classic, premium look :D

    ReplyDelete