Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saks Bridal Salon

Headed to the Saks Fifth Avenue Bridal Salon in Beverly Hills this morning. When I stepped in, I thought: Wow, definitely should've come here earlier! They are the largest bridal store I have been to, and carry a range of designers, including: ODLR, Vera, Reem Acra, Melissa Sweet, Jenny Packham, and Carolina Herrera.

I tried on a couple of gowns that had the natural waist + full skirted silhouette I found was flattering on me. Fave ODLR was there and, of course, I had to try her on again. :)

New discovery: Kenneth Pool, who designs for Amsale (the same company that owns Christos). There were two gowns of his that I liked...

1) Flirtation: Doesn't look as pretty in photos, though. So it's out of the running.


2) Mesmerized: I remember trying this on at the first bridal store I visited in Seattle. Back then, I didn't know yet what I really wanted and I kinda forgot about this dress. It's really pretty, though. And I love how it has some bling around the waist.




What I DON'T like about Mesmerized?... It's been worn by another bride at our wedding venue. See all those pictures of the real bride? They were taken at Casa Del Mar. At least si ODLR sa Florida ko lang nakitang sinuot sa wedding.
...Not sure whether that should factor into my decision, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment