Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Full-Skirted Gowns... Will they look good on your 5'2" Ate?


So Kyla
sent me this pic of a gorgeous Michael Cinco gown she saw at Manila fashion week. I swear it looks so much prettier than any gown I've seen here. Looove it. Was initially looking at this silhouette: natural waist, full skirt when I was looking at gowns. I tried these by Monique Lhuillier on when I went to her atelier (tama ba yung word) on Melrose. They were both the same silhouette. I really liked the one with silver beading on the neckline pero initially I thought it was too simple for a Manila wedding. I tried it on in three different places (Seattle, LA, San Diego) and everyone who saw me in it (even people I didn't know) said it looked best on me. Now that I'm thinking of a US wedding I think it might be appropriate. It's also less than half the price of that lacy ML gown I you saw me try on in SF. Only thing I'm worried is na mawala sa uso yung pickups design on the skirt.

The other one (Lyric), while really pretty in the pics was SO HUGE on me that it kind of overwhelmed me. The lady at the ML store said that they could reduce the skirt volume to adjust to my height... But somehow I'm not convinced.

Full skirt or otherwise, I will have to get my arms and shoulders toned to look good in any of the dresses I've been looking at!

Monique Lhuillier "Rhianna"


Monique Lhuillier "Lyric"

3 comments:

  1. i like lyric better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked lyric in the pics too too... so it's the first one i asked for when i went to ML. pero the skirt really dwarfed me. i'll try it again when i go back and see what it looks like when she clips the skirt back to make it less full.

    ReplyDelete